ISO 9001 Accreditation
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for an organisation's internal Quality Management. The term 'quality' refers to all those features of a product or service which are required by the customer. An organisation's 'Quality Management' refers to an organisation's actions to ensure that its products or services satisfy its customers' quality requirements and complies with any regulations applicable to those products or services.
The benefits of ISO 9001 are as follows:
- Improved internal working leading to less errors and re-work
- Improved customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Improved staff morale and motivation
- Competitive advantage
- Increased profitability
- Enhanced status
- Preferential insurance premiums
- Increased opportunity when tendering for contacts
So how does this work in practice?